Our Club, Past & Present

Our Club, Past & Present

RAF Bardney, a former Royal Air Force station, is located 1.7 miles (2.7 km) north of Bardney, Lincolnshire, England and 10.2 miles (16.4 km) east of the County town of Lincoln. The airfield was originally built in 1943 during WWII as a satellite to RAF Waddington and saw a range of operations and aircraft types before it finally closed in 1963.

 

 

The club was formed almost 25 years ago during 1996 and has continued since then with a family oriented membership. We are very fortunate in having as our Clubhouse, the old Airfield ATC (Air Traffic Control) Tower which has excellent facilities including kitchen, ladies and gents Loos both of which have hand washing facilities with hot water. We have a programme of continuous maintenance & improvement to the fabric of the building. We utilise the ATC Tower for a range of activities and we have a room set aside for model building facilities within the Club where we encourage youngsters to learn to both build and fly models.

Some further information about RAF Bardney can be found at the following websites:

- http://www.controltowers.co.uk/B/Bardney.htm

- https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3180466